HOW DOES IT WORK?
Receive your visa in 5 steps!
1. Request your VOA via our request form (See Below)
2. Pay directly our processing fee
3. Receive your visa authorization letter via email in 2-4 business days
4. Fill in the form M3 (Registration form) (Attached to our confirmation email)
5. Fly to Vietnam and receive your visa.
Questions? Please check our FAQ's
What kind of VOA's (Visa On Arrival) can we arrange ?
Single Entry Visa
With 1 or 3 months Single Entry you can enter Vietnam only once. This visa is valid for 1 month (30 days) or 3 months (90 days).
Stamp fee Airport
2-4 working days
2-4 working days
* For single entry/exit VOA pay upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam the Visa Stamping fee of ($ 25/p) directly in cash to the immigration department at the airport in Vietnam.
Multi Entry Visa
With a 1 or 3 months Multiple Entry visa for Vietnam you unlimited entry and exit during the time the visa is valid. This visa is one month (30 days or 90 days) valid. You need to enter Vietnam first before you travel to Cambodia, Laos and want to return to Vietnam , then always choose Multiple Entry. The stamp fee you pay only once at the first time at the airport in Vietnam.
Stamp fee Airport
2-4 working days
2-4 working days
* For multiple entry/exit VOA's pay upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam the Visa Stamping fee of ($ 25/p) directly in cash to the immigration department at the airport in Vietnam.
1. How does it works... to apply for a (VOA) Visa On Arrival and how can I request?
Ocean Tours provides a Visa On Arrival Approval Letter (authorization letter), which is required before you leave the airport. This is the cheapest and fastest way to obtain a visa. The Approval Letter, you need to consult with the staff of the airport when boarding your flight. When we receive a request via our website, we will contact the immigration office to proceed approval for enter Vietnam. This will be assessed by the immigration office on the basis of the passport data and the application will be officially authorized. Please ensure that your passport is valid for 6 months from date of arrival in Vietnam and that you are on one of the airports (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Phu Quoc ) arrive. When you travel you always need to prove that you have enough money to stay in a hotel and buy food and exit Vietnam if required.
Through a normal application on our website, you will receive from us a visa approval letter via email within 2 to 4 business days.
Below you will find an example of a Visa On Arrival Approval Letter. Here are the passport shielded data and data from other passengers. It is also possible to receive a private authorization letter, for a small fee. For controlling this letter to the immigration office in Vietnam pay us a service fee. The only thing you do is at the immigration service you pick your Visa for Vietnam , which is on there. This is open 24/7, where you have to wait 5 or 30 min. Before it is finished. Here you will pay your stamp fee in cash as compensation for the Vietnamese government in a normal application. Here you will receive a sticker with stamp in your passport.
Cost Vietnam visa arranged by Embassy
The apply for a online Approval Letter is always cheaper than through an embassy. In addition to travel costs, parking costs and time you spend, the service charges of the consulate also higher. At the embassy pay the following in relation to Ocean Tours.
- 1 month single entry minus USD $75, - through the embassy including stamp fees
- 1 month single entry USD $35, - through Ocean Tours including stamp fees
Therefore 85% of the travelers choose for the online method to apply easily for a Visa Approval letter.
2. What kind of different types of visas can you choose from?
A Visa On Arrival you can arrange the best 1 to 2 weeks before you leave. This avoids stress and ensures that you cannot forget at the last minute. Ocean Tours organize only tourist visas.
The following nationalities, you do not need a visa:
14 days -> Cambodia
15 days -> France, Germany, England, Italy, Spain , Japan, South Korea , Sweden, Norway , Denmark, Finland , Russia.
To 21 days -> Philippines
Up to 30 days -> Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Myanmar, Brunei, Laos
Do you plan a vacation that lasts longer than the above time limit, you'll always need a visa to enter Vietnam.
3. Do we need for our children to apply for a Visa on Arrival?
The rules for applying for a visa for children are the same as in adults if the child has its own passport. Children who appear in the passport with their parents, as it should be applied for an Approval Letter. But they no need to pay for stamping fees if the child is mentioned on parents. Parents submit the application on behalf of their child.
4. I have a Vietnamese passport, do I need to apply for a Visa Approval Letter?
According to the official government rules should travelers with a Vietnamese passport, living outside Vietnam can enter without enter Vietnam without a Visa. Please note that you must provide a number of official documents through the Embassy. You finally receive a Visa Exemption document you should consult before departure and upon arrival. Ocean Tours cannot deliver this unfortunately. If you are in possession of a Vietnamese passport and you little time to arrange a Visa Exemption Document . Then you can apply for a Visa Approval Letter under the normal procedure and still enter a Vietnam visa. That is the fastest way of processing.
5. What prices and delivery times have Ocean Tours?
See price list above
6. Important: What should I bring in terms of documents for the visa in Vietnam?
To be sure you can be in the following list again consider what to bring to Vietnam for pick up your visa:
- Printed visa authorization letter you received from us via email (print all pages)
- M3 completed form (2 pages) with one passport photo on it glued or stapled. One form per person is enough
(Passport photo size 3 × 4 , 3.5 × 4.5 or 4 × 6 cm . Black / white and color are both accepted)
-Passport valid for at least six months longer than the date of arrival in Vietnam
- Passport a blank page on which the visa can be pasted
- CASH US dollars or Vietnamese dong for paying the stamp fee
In the plane, you will receive one entry and exit form which should fill everyone in.
7. Can I travel without Visa Approval Letter?
No, unfortunately you cannot. You must bring a copy in your hand luggage and keep it together with your passport and photos to show at both check in the country of departure as well arrival in Vietnam at the immigration office. Should this be lost or forgotten please check your email, or urgently contact us.
8. What if my flight is changed or I arrive at another airport?
That's not a problem whenever you arrive by plane at any of the following airports: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City , Da Nang, Nha Trang and Phu Quoc. You can get the visa at any of these mentioned airports and therefore the stamp you will receive the passport. Do not forget the stamp cost in dollars or VND to carry.
9. How do I fill in APPLICATION FOR ENTRY AND EXIT VISA M3 form?
How do you fill in the entry and exit form ? This form is in English , try as much as possible to write in English.
1- Name and surname:
2 - Date of birth: dd/mm/yyyy
3- Sex: male or female
4- Place of birth:
5- Nationality of Birth:
6- Passport number: Passport number
Kind of passport (standard/diplomatic/official),
Date of issue/expiry date.
7- Profession and place of employment:
8- Present address:
9- Children accompanying: (son, daughter)
10- Purpose of entry and exit: Holiday
(Enter the address of the first hotel / hostel where you are staying)
11- Proposed duration to entry and exit Vietnam:
12- Port of arrival and departure:
Ha Noi (HAN Airport), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN Airport), Danang (DAN Airport), Nha trang (CXR Airport), Phu Quoc Airport (PQC).
13- Done at … on ….
Date of signing
How many forms do I neeed?
2 Forms + 2 passport photos's
10. I travel with several people, do I need to apply for a visa for everyone?
Yes, for every person you must separately apply for a Vietnam visa. This applies to children with their own passport as well as for adults..
11. How safe is it to Ocean Tours and what happens to my personal data?
Ocean Tours uses the personal data only in order to make the application for the visa approval letter. We will not sell or share the data in any way use to third parties or for commercial purposes. Of course you can always contact us with the request to remove the data.
When the payment was unsuccessful or when the payment is canceled, we store the data for up to 72 hours. After delivery of your visa approval letter, the data is encrypted stored in an environment that is not accessible via the internet. Passport details (date of birth, document number, date of issue and expiry date) are removed one year after issue date. In this way we comply with all legal requirements to our administration.
Through our website, you pay safely with a payment choice. If you have questions about the security at our website please contact us..
12. What should I do if my visa application is rejected?
We will refund the purchase price if the application is rejected. Then you can probably contact directly to Vietnamese embassy in your country for the reason of rejection. Make at least that all data is properly taken of your passport ..
13. How does the money back guarantee works?
Ocean Tours strives for outstanding satisfaction to its customers. If you unfortunately are not satisfied with our service, we offer a money back guarantee. Perhaps there are exceptional circumstances or other reasons why you want to use this service. When the visa is rejected, we will always refund the amount..
14. Can I arrive earlier or later than indicated in my approval letter?
You can arrive no earlier than the start date of your Visa Approval Letter. Well later, that's no problem. Is there a chance that your flight will be moved forward? Let the Visa Approval Letter than one or two days before entering to be sure. Please note the date of this application. If you apply for one month, then you also leave Vietnam within this month or extend it to a local visa office will not be easy because of your itinerary. It might be wiser to apply for a for a visa 90 days in some cases.
15. Can I get an invoice for the payment?
Thats no problem. You can send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with the application number or the email address with which the request was made. We make sure that you receive the invoice for the visa..
VISA REQUIREMENT VIETNAM
16. Do I need a visa for Vietnam?
All people not mentioned in the exemption list are required to apply for visa for Vietnam.
• You need also a visa after your stay in Phu Quoc and want to travel to mainland Vietnam.
• If you are flying to Phu Quoc then you need a visa from the mainland Vietnam.
17. I can fly to Vietnam without a visa and buy my visa at the airport in Vietnam?
No. You must apply for a visa before departure. The airline will ask you for your visa or visa authorization letter. Without a visa or authorization letter you cannot board your flight to Vietnam.
EXPLANATION ABOUT YOUR VISA ON ARRIVAL
18. What is visa on arrival?
You will receive your visa at the mentioned airports in Vietnam. The procedure is as follows:
1. Ask before leaving for Vietnam visa on our website .
2. We will contact the Vietnam Immigration Office to issue your visa.
3. Once approved, the Vietnamese immigration office makes the visa authorization letter. We will send you by e-mail to . The visa authorization letter indicating that your visa has been approved and that you have permission to fly to Vietnam and there you wil receive your visa.
4. To print of the visa authorization letter you will take it with you to Vietnam. Upon presentation of the letter leaves the airline you check in for your flight to Vietnam. On arrival in Vietnam, you will see the immigration counter and let see them the visa authorization letter. You will receive your visa..
19. Is the visa visa on arrival letter the same as the visa I issue at the Vietnamese consulate or the embassy?
Yes, this is the same document.
20. What is the benefit of visa on arrival with respect to regulating the visa at the Vietnamese consulate?
- You do not need to visit the Vietnamese consulate and thus saves time and money, it's on this way always cheaper!
- You order your visa on our website. You don't have to zend any documents.U can keep your passport so safely held.
- Emergency Visas with delivery on the same day are available.
- The price for a visa on arrival cheaper than at the Vietnamese consulate or embassy. You save at least about 20 euros per visa or more
- You can apply for visa on arrival from around the world. All airlines knows about visa on arrival for Vietnam and accept the visa authorization letter.
- We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including holidays) by telephone and by email. We can assist you directly with urgent questions.
21. What are the drawbacks?
You must pick up your visa at Vietnam airport. The wait time is between 5 and 50 minutes depending on how busy it is. However, you do not have to stand the whole time in the row. You give your documents, sits down on a chair. You wait until your name is called and then obtain your visa.
22. Can I apply for a visa on arrival?
Some nationalities can obtain a visa on arrival ( just for 15 days) if you meet the following requirements:
1. You arrive by plane in Vietnam.
2. You passport is valid for more than 6 months upon arrival in Vietnam.
3. If you have a stopover in Vietnam then you will receive a your visa at the airport where you have the stop over. The transition period must be at least 2 hours. It will be 5 ... 50 minutes to pick up your visa.
4.Only tourist visas are available . Family visitors, students and business travelers can also use this type of visa. Only if you are employed at sea ( offshore) or an NGO working than you need apply for a business visa at the consulate Vietnames .
5. Visa on arrival is not available for some nationalities..
23. What types of visas are available?
We only request tourist visas for you
Only tourist visas are available. Family visitors , students and business travelers can also use this type of visa. Only if you are employed at sea ( offshore) or an NGO working than you need apply for a business visa at the consulate Vietnames.
24. I arrive by bus, boat or train in Vietnam. Can I apply for visa on arrival ?
No. You should in that case arrange your visa in advance at the Vietnamese consulate.
If you arrive by cruise please check with your travel agent or the cruise line or they arrange a visa for you or that you have to arrange themselves in the Vietnamese consulate.
25. I am abroad. Can I apply for visa on arrival?
Yes. You can apply for visa on arrival al around the world. We will send you all the necessary visa documents by email. You print this out and take it with you to Vietnam. Upon presentation of these documents, you will receive your visa at the airport of arrival in Vietnam.
26. I arrive by airplan but leaving Vietnam by bus/boat? Is this allowed?
Yes, Your visa is valid for all border crossings (land/air/water) .
If you have a multiple entry visa , you may choose to return to Vietnam over all border crossings (land/air/water).
27. My airport of arrival is different then my departure from Vietnam. Is that allowed?
Yes, you can leave Vietnam from all airports ..
28.How do I request a visa on arrival?
You apply online at our website for your visa on arrival. You NO need to send us a passport or other documents, you only have to enter your details.
We will notify you at the Vietnamese immigration office. After approval, they establish visa authorization letter. A digital copy we send to you by email.
You print out the visa authorization letter and take it with you to Vietnam. On presentation of this letter you will be allowed to fly to Vietnam and pick up in Vietnam, at the airport of arrival, your visa..
29. How many days before arriving in Vietnam, can I apply for my visa?
You can apply for your arrival for visa on arrival from 182 days (6 months).
30. I do not know if I was in Ho Chi Minh City, Danang and Hanoi will arrive? Can I apply for my visa?
Yes, that's possible no problem at all.
31. I do not know exactly when I will be arriving in Vietnam. Can I apply for my visa?
You must enter a visa starting date for applying for your visa..
If you are not sure when you will arrive then you can specify the earliest possible date. It is allowed to arrive later than the visa start date you specified. Note that the visa expiry date does not change if you arrive later.
Example: You visa start date is October 15th. Your visa end date is November 15th. You arrive on 25 October. Your visa will be valid until November 15.
For even more flexibility you can better choose a 3-month visa instead of a one-month visa.
Example: Your arrival in Vietnam will be somewhere between 3 and July 13th. You want one month stay in Vietnam. You then select the visa starting date: July 3, and then a three-month visa.
32. Can I arrive earlier than the start date visa in Vietnam?
NO. That's not allowed. The airline will not allow you to fly to Vietnam.
33. Can I arrive later than the start date visa in Vietnam?
Yes, you can arrive on any day in your visa period in Vietnam. Note: Your visa expiry date does not change if you arrive later.
Example: You visa start date is October 15th. Your visa end date is November 15th. You arrive on 25 October. Your visa will be valid until November 15.
GET YOUR VISA IN VIETNAM
34. What should I bring to Vietnam to pick up my visa?
- The visa approval letter printed. If it contains multiple pages then take all the pages.
- Printed and completed Form M3 (2 pages) attached with one photograph (glued or stapled).
- Photo size is flexible between the 3x4 and 4x6 cm. Color and black / white are allowed. You need to fill in one form per person older than 14 years.
- CASH USD
PRICES AND PAYMENT
41. What does it cost?
There are 2 fees to pay:
1. Application fee. You pay it to us to arrange your visa. You pay this amount on our website inquiry form during your visa application. You can pay with Paypal or credit card
2. Stamp charges. This you will settle yourself in Vietnam to pick up your visa. You must pay cash in US $ or Vietnamese Dong.
*Check the price list for our prices.
42. How can I pay the application fee?
You can pay by PayPal and credit card.
43. My payment failed via our website. What should I do?
It might be sometimes that payment by credit card or via PayPal failed. You can try it again, or you can us contact them for assistance. In most cases we can help you directly. Usually we will send a separate PayPal payment link to your email on the day of your request, so you still can pay easily.
When in doubt, you can contact us. We can immediately check if the payment was successful.
VISA AUTHORIZATION LETTER
44. What is the visa authorization letter (visa approval letter of pre-approval letter)?
The visa authorization letter, in English: "visa approval letter" or "pre-approval letter" is the document that certifies that you have permission to fly to Vietnam and there to pick up your visa. This document is issued by the Vietnamese immigration office in Hanoi.
When you order, we ask you with the visa authorization letter to us a visa for Vietnam. We will send you to this email. You print this out and show it at check with your airline. Upon presentation of the visa authorization letter should you then fly to Vietnam.
The letter listed your passport details and visa period.
Note: It is standard procedure that Vietnamese immigration office combines multiple people in one letter. Therefore, it is almost always the case that there are other names mentioned in the letter of travelers who does not know.
45. Should I print out the visa authorization letter with you on paper, or may I show it on my smartphone / PC / tablet?
We recommend to bring a paper copy of the visa authorization letter. This will always be accepted.
We can not guarantee that all airlines accept to see the visa authorization letter on your smartphone / tablet / PC.
46. I forgot to print out the visa authorization letter and take it to Vietnam. What should I do?.
You must show a paper copy of the visa authorization letter please call us. We will then resend the visa authorization letter to your own email address or the email address of the airline. Usually, they can do this for you then print.
47. There is a mistake in my visa authorization letter. Is that bad?
It is important that there are no errors (including small spelling mistakes) are in the visa authorization letter. The airline can refuse you to check in for your flight to Vietnam!
Checks You always CHECK VERY CAREFUL if all info is correct on the visa authorization letter. And do not wait until the day before departure to check this!
48. I made a mistake in my visa application. Will the visa authorization letter be changed?
It is important that there are no errors (including small spelling mistakes) are in the visa authorization letter. The airline will refuse you when to check in for your flight to Vietnam! You will need to apply for a new one in this case!
We can not change the visa authorization letter itself. We need for you to apply for a new visa authorization letter from the Vietnamese immigration office. The standard delivery time for this is three days.
All correction requests, with the exception of the visa type and visa starting date, we do free if we have not delivered according to the specified information at a delivery time of 3 days. Do you want an urgent correction then You pay 20 euros emergency fee (1 business day delivery time) or 40 euros (delivery time 4 hour worked).
For changes in visa type or visa start date you must pay the standard service fee.
Check careful You always check carefully before your travel and passport details during your visa application. And you also check our confirmation email we send you by email. It already listed your visa data.
I ordered a visa authorization letter but did not receive a confirmation email and visa authorization letter.
We always send a confirmation email after ordering your visa within 24 hours. The visa authorization letter You will receive within 3 working days (or sooner for emergency visas). It is rare that we deliver late.
If you do not receive our emails you check that:
• your spam email
• inbox is not full?
• the email address that You provided us
Contact us if you havent received anything from us!Apply for your Visa On Arrival Now!